All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Featured stamper challenge

I decided to play in the FS challenge on Splitcoast for the first time. This challenge was perfect for me because the featured stamper this week is dawnsing who has a simple yet elegant style. Well this is a very different style than I am used to doing so it made me step out of my comfort zone plus I need to complete quite a few cards for some gifts and stuff in a fairly short amount of time. If you are not familiar with the FS challenge you can read more about it here.

The first card is a card that I made for my cousin who is going to be having surgery on Friday. I thought I would get this ready for her and hope it may brighten her day just a little when she receives it. The card I chose to case from dawnsing is this one. According to the rules you need to change at least 2 things and I changed the colors, sentiment, matted the dp sections and used the flower rather than the star and a rhinestone rather than the brad. I started out with a pink card base and matted 3 sections of different patterned paper on pomegranite which I attached to the card base. I stamped the sentiment in cocoa and matted that and attaced the flower to the sentiment strip with pop dots. I then added an adhesive rhinestone to the center of the flower. I finished the card by tying some ribbon at the top of the card. I am happy with the way it turned out. Simple but pretty at the same time- a new concept for me LOL.



Recipe:
Stamp- Garden of Life sentiment from papertrey
ink- close to cocoa
CS- pretty in pink and purely pomegranite from SU!
dp- SU! berry bliss
ribbon- stitched ribbon in pomegranite from SU
flower- brides confetti from Michaels
rhinestone- from Walmart


The second card was inspired by some ribbon origianls from SU that I have had for awhile and never used. I have always wanted to use this ribbon but it always seemed too much or too big so with this very simple layout it was perfect to use as the focal point. Problem is that is was very hard to tie and now I won't be mailing it because the ribbon knot is so big LOL. I will be hand delivering it now. This type of card is great if you are including it in with a package or something and not putting such a large bow through the mail. Dawnsing's card that I chose to case for this one can be found here.

For this card I changed the color scheme, sentiment, ribbon, paper and card orientation (mine has a side fold as opposed to top fold). I started out with a celery base then added a section of dp which I used a corner rounder on, a layer of bazzill bling and finished off with the awesome ribbon which I tied in a knot. I then stamped my sentiment and paper pierced a row with the sentiment.



Recipe:
CS- certainly celery from SU and rose red color from bazzill bling
dp- SU! apricot from the hostess prints pack
sentiment- SU noteworthy set
tools/accessories- paper piercer, CM corner rounder and ribbon originals from SU!


until next time...thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Great cards Janette! I Love the one with the Berry Bliss DP