All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hanna stamps challenge



Lately I have been playing along with many challenges- mojo Monday, SCS sketch, color etc. For this card I went into the hanna stamps forum on SCS and this challenge was posted by the very talented Kristi Ferro who is the owner of hanna stamps. Hanna stamps are one of my favorite stamp companies right now and it is a dream of mine to design for them. Who knows right? The challenge was to use your brayer on a card. This was a tough challenge for me because I was not sure exactly what to do. It was good though because it made me go out of my comfort zone. It took me 3 times to get a background paper that was good enough to use on a card LOL. First I took a piece of glossy white paper and inked up my rubber brayer with real red ink and rolled it across my paper until the ink was even on the section I wanted. Next I rolled my brayer across my orange ink pad (after cleaning it from the red) and rolled that across the paper. I did cover up the red section with another sheet of scrap paper when I did this. After letting the paper dry I stamped peppers and carrots on it with pallette noir ink and set that aside to dry. While that was drying I stamped hanna on white with pallette ink. I colored her using my prismamarkers. To get the ground I took a fine tip black marker and drew it in. I double matted her and attached it to the bg paper that I made. I tied ribbon around the card and put on a little shovel charm that I received as a gift from my friend Nancy. I stamped my sentiment and punched it out with my word window punch. There was a bare section at the top of my image and so I added 3 layered prima flowers and attached with an orange shimmer brad. Everything was then attached onto my garden green card base to finish off my card.

Supplies:
stamps- garden hanna, things hanna would say
ink- SU! real red, only orange classic pads, pallette noir
CS- SU! garden green, only orange, summer sun, PTI white, SU glossy white
ribbon- unknown grosgrain
tools- rubber brayer, word window punch, prima flowers, paper scraps orange shimmer brad, shovel charm


Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Great Job!!Love how your background turned out