All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mojo Monday sketch #36




Here are a few cards that I made for Julee's mojo Monday sketch contest. I just love this sketch- well pretty much all of her sketches really. You can see the sketch here. Going to try and post the photos so I am crossing my fingers that this works LOL.
I made 2 baby cards- a blue one and a pink one. I am partial to the pink one but that may be because I have 3 daughters. The main image was stamped on SU whisper white then layered twice with paper piercing around the outside. I used dp to make the 4 sections behind the image, paper pierced them and then matted them on solid CS and attached to my card base which was also paper pierced. I stamped the sweet one image on white CS and cut it using my CM circle cutter and matted it on the SU scalloped circle. I highlighted the image with my spica clear glitter pen. I tied taffeta ribbon under the main image and placed a safety pin embellishment through the knot and added self adhesive pearls beneath that.

Supplies: SU brocade blue, bliss blue and bashful CS (blue card)
SU regal rose and pretty in pink CS (pink card)
SU ink in pretty in pink and bliss blue
SU berry bliss dp for pink card
SU prints pack hostess set dp for blue card
SU taffeta ribbon in pink and blue
SU scallop punch
paper piercer and SU mat
unknown for the pearls and safety pin

ETA- I did not win the mojo Monday contest but I am happy for my friend Michelle (SCS sf9erfan) who was one of the winners. Check out her gallery here for other awesome mojo cards.

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

These are so pretty! I really like your cards and will be looking forward to seeing more of your work. Good luck trying to figure out blogging; my hat is off to anyone who takes the time and effort to share their art and expertise with others. Thanks!

Sandy said...

Yay!! Welcome to the blogging world. I love these cards ... I saw them in your SCS gallery.