All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, August 18, 2008

DRS challenge #2

The second DRS Designs challenge is posted on the blog today. It was to use piercing on your card. You can check out the details so you can play along here. Those of you who are regular followers of my blog know that I use paper piercing on my cards quite often so I was completely thrilled with this "challenge" Here is my challenge card for today:

I started by coloring my image with my copic markers. I then paper pierced the dots in the image, sponged my edges and adhered to my oval scallop. I added a button with floss tied through it to the center of the flower and pierced the scallops. I used paper piercer to do faux stitching on my white layer and to pierce the pink and purple strips in the middle. I tied my stitched ribbon (of course) around the center and double matted the white layer before attaching to my base. I stamped my sentiment and accented it by using a half word window punch with a brad on each side of it. I finished by attaching my image to the card with pop dots.

Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs B250 (sent) and K603
CS- PTI plum pudding, SU wasabi and pretty in pink
accessories/tools- wasabi stitched ribbon, PIP brads, paper piercer, pink marker, mat pack, corner rounder punch, button, floss, copics (RV11, RV13, G21) prismamarker in dark green


Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to visit the DRS blog and see what the other DT members have to show you. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Your card is just so cute. I love the colors and the stitched. Your layout is also wonderful, Janette! TFS