All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Friday, December 19, 2008

A week of challenges

Hi there everyone! I know it has been awhile since I have posted but like many of you I have been really busy trying finish things up for Christmas. I probably won't be able to post much until after the New Year either. I have some things that I worked on this week that I would like to share with you.

First up is my card that I made for the hanna stamps weekly challenge which I am the hostess of.



The challenge is to use non-traditional Christmas stamps or colors to create a Christmas project. I used a winter set and pink, celery and cocoa for my card. I colored the image with copics and used stickles on the bg dp I created and the hood. I painted the snowsuit with pink poinsettia blingz shimmerz.



Supplies:
stamps- hanna stamps Ski Bunny, everyday sentiments
CS- pink pirouette, cocoa, celery, white
accessories- grosgrain ribbon, rhinestones, snowflakes cb folder, corner rounder punch, scallop punch, stickles, circle punch


My second card is for both the color challenge and sketch challenges this week on SCS. Due to time, I combined the 2 challenges.



I colored the image with prismapencils and gamsol and a few copics. I used a small paint brush to create the ground and bg behind Santa. I used liquid applique on the trim of the hat and a white gel pen for accents.



Supplies:
stamps- high hopes fishing santa, best fishes
CS- not quite navy, white, Kaisercraft dp
accessories- prismapencils, gamsol, copics, liquid applique, brads, sewing machine


The last project/s I have to show you was for the ways to use it challenge this week. I created some simple ornaments to give as gifts.





I just stamped the snowflake, matted it and added sparkle stickers as an accent. The gold snowflake was embossed and the blue snowflake was sponged. I used stickers for the sparkle because glitter and similar products would not sandwich well between the glass. A tip for you- you can't use more than 3 layers of CS with the frames because they won't close- wonder how I know that LOL? They have a closure on the side of the frames.



Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps snowflake set
CS- white, metallic gold, blue bayou
ink- blue bayou, soft sky, versamark
accessories- Ranger memory glass and frames, ribbon, stampendous sparkle stickers


Have a wonderful day and hope you are safe and warm. We are having a winter storm right now here and my family and I are staying in and are definitely not going anywhere soon. I certainly don't look forward to shoveling out that is for sure!

Blessings,

8 comments:

JenMarie said...

OMGosh Janette, GORGEOUS creations!! WOW!

Tracey said...

Fabulous cards!! And I love the snowflake ornaments. Great idea!

Vicki G said...

Wow!!! Janette! Love all your cards! Your Snow Bunny is gorgeous!

Sally said...

Your non traditional cards are gorgeous. Now I want to make some ornaments. Maybe next year as time seems to have run out this year.

Christi Flores said...

All of your creations are amazing Janette!!!

Amy said...

FANTASTIC Santa Janette! He looks excellent!

Moni said...

Gorgeous creations! Hugs, Moni

Deb Wood said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!! Love the bling on the snow bunny, the fishin' Santa is way too cute and love the ornaments!!