All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

High Hopes Challenge 24

This week's challenge is to use creative borders and was presented to us by the awesome Ila. I was all over this challenge as I love to use my border punches!



I colored my image with copics and added pixie dust blingz shimmerz to the bubbles and stickles to the butterflies. I also used my copic marker to color the middle satin section on my ribbon and the rhinestones. I love being able to coordinate my embellishments to my image and papers by customizing them with the markers.



Supplies:
stamps- high hopes bubble love
CS- blue bayou, urban prairie dp
accessories- Fiskars sunburst punch, rhinestones, organdy ribbon, copics (Y21, Y26, E50, E00, E31, E33, E37, RV11, RV14, BG72, YG03, YG06, G21, G94, G99)


Check out the high hopes blog to see the divas' samples and to find out this week's prize up for grabs.

Speaking of copics and divas...one of the reasons that I did not post all week was that I was away for a couple days taking a copic certification class. The class was taught by the amazingly talented Marianne Walker and assisted by Sherrie Siemens. The talent Marianne has just astounds me and she certainly knows how to use and teach about the copics!! If you have not seen her blog you have to visit it! There is so much great information about copics and coloring in general. I drove to Toronto (even though there was a class here in Buffalo) to meet up with 2 of my amazing fellow high hopes divas. I was so blessed to spend time with Kim Reid and illustrator extraordinaire Crissy Armstrong. They are such wonderful ladies and I enjoyed my time with them. I also had the pleasure of meeting Kim's friend Andrea and Amy who were terrific too. They even put up with me as I have to admit that I was a bit nervous being in a different country and away from my kids and hubby for the first time. Thanks girls- love ya all!!!

I have a few pictures to show you but keep in mind that we are looking a bit rough as it was windy outside and we just came inside after being windblown LOL.


left to right- me, Kim Reid, Andrea


me, Kim, Andrea, Crissy


me, Kim, Crissy

Thanks for stopping by- have a wonderful day!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you mean put up with you, i adored meeting you!!!! this card is lovely and i love your grass!

Mary said...

This is a beautiful card. Love the cororing!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Janette! Love it!!

And thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks like you ladies had a fabulous time!! :)

Michelle Woerner said...

First -WOW! Great card, your coloring is awesome girlie!!

Second -WOW! You got to take a Copic class? Oh how fun and I am totally jealous!!

Third -WOW! You finally got away for a night or two from the kiddos? The first time since they were born! Good for you -see, wasn't that bad, huh?!?

Hugs, michelle

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is so pretty Janette, I love your colouring and added sparkle, thanks for sharing the photo's and glad you had a great time, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Ila said...

Your card is Super Cute and Gorgeous Janette!!...I love the way you colored this image (it was one of the older ones I ordered too) and your borders are Fabulous!!..Thanks for your kind words...and sharing photos and deets about your copic trip!!...Hugs, Ila