All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweet N Sassy in white diamonds

I really wanted to use my winter sets for the last time this week before I put them away for awhile. I actually made both of the cards I have today last week but just did not have a chance to post them here.

The first was from the sketch challenge last week using my snowflakes set.



I stamped the 3 snowflakes and punched them with the square punch accenting with rhinestones. I ran the white section through the cuttlebug snowflake folder.

Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy snowflakes
Cardstock- white diamond metallic, silver premium glossy metallic, Prism navy blue
accessories- silver metallic ribbon, slot punch, snowflake cuttlebug folder, rhinestones


The second card uses the newly released Elegant Blessings set and the release party challenge sketch from Jeanette.



I stamped the cross with plum ink and then sponged around it with lavender while still in the oval die. I used the smaller cross in the set because all the other DT members were using the larger one. That's right you get 2 gorgeous crosses in this set along with some great sentiments. I had been asking Korin to do a cross set for me and she did not disappoint! This is just one of the awesome 5 new sets that Sweet N Sassy stamps released last Friday. This was really a fantastic release!

Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy Elegant Blessings
cardstock- white diamond, PTI plum pudding, lavender moon
accessories- rhinestones, shimmer brads, oval nesties, white and lavender satin ribbon


The fabulous white diamond paper on both cards is from paper temptress. Let me tell ya that I absolutely LOVE this paper! It is so pretty and sparkly and it is a very heavy weight which is terrific for card bases. This is now one of my favorite papers to use. One of my other favorite papers that I have mentioned before is the cryogen white which is sort of a creamy white not a bright white and has shimmer to it. I use it very often and the good news is that it is on sale for 40% off this month at Paper Temptress so you will want to check it out.

Have a great weekend and hope to see you on Sunday for the high hopes weekly challenge. I am happy to say that my card is already finished for it too LOL.

Blessings,
Janette

3 comments:

Sue Strozyk said...

Stunning!!!! Love, Love, Love the Elegant Blessings card. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Janette. Have left you an award on my blog!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Janette!
Blessings, Maria