All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's day!!

I would like to wish all of the mothers out there a very special day! Today also starts a new weekly high hopes challenge. This week the theme was one for the boys and is brought to us by Anna. I decided to use one of the images that was given to me quite some time ago because I thought it fit this week's theme really well. The only thing is that the paper it is stamped on did not work well with my copics so I threw the first attempt out and then I decided to use my pencils since I have not used them for quite some time. The paper is super smooth and has a coating so even the pencils were tough but it came out pretty well. Hope you think so too:



I sewed on all of my sections which is also something I have not done in awhile so I was happy to do it again. I was really excited because all the dp strips were taken from my scrap file- love when that happens! I have been struggling creatively this week so after I colored my image I was not sure what to do with it. I already had picked out the dp but was drawing a blank with the layout so I decided to take a break and blog hop to see if I could find any cool sketches to get me going again. BTW- that is a tip for you if you are kinda struggling like me, use a sketch, it takes alot of the guess work out and for me alleviated some of my stress LOL. So in my hop I came across a sketch blog I had never heard of before and I LOVE it! It is Friday Sketchers and I saw that one of my fellow SNSS DT members Jeanette started designing for them. So I used this week's sketch for my layout.



Supplies:
stamps- high hopes Froggy gift
CS- jershey shore dp, brilliant blue, Paper temptress ultrasmooth white
accessories- sewing machine, prismapencils, gamsol, buttons


I hope that you can find some time to play along with the high hopes challenge this week. You can see more terrific inspiration from the divas and find out the challenge deets on the high hopes blog.

Have a blessed day!

9 comments:

Bengelmama said...

Ohhhh soo beautiful.

Nadine

Christi Flores said...

This is so cute!! I love the stitching!!!

Tracey said...

A fantastic card Janette!! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous colouring Janette and love the layout and papers, Happy Mother's Day, Big Hugs, Nikki x

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Janette.
I love this image and your coloring is just beautiful.
Great sewing too!

Karen x

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Your coloring is fabulous and such a cute design!

Anonymous said...

Really sweet card, thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Sally Cicada Designs said...

I really need to get this stamp--it is soooo cute! You coloured it beautifully and love you paper choices and design too! Thanks for sharing your card and the sketch site too!
Blessings,
Sarah

Crissy Armstrong said...

Janette, this is so precious! The sketch goes perfectly with this image, great choice! And your coloring turned out lovely! Did I stamp this up for you? I wonder what paper I used. Sorry you had trouble! The card turned out great though!