All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sweet Stop Sketch 11

Hello everyone and Happy 4th of July to all the Americans!! Doing anything special to celebrate? Not sure exactly what we are doing here yet. Probably try to see some fireworks tonight.

Korin has a great sketch for us to use again on the Sweet Stop Blog. See the sketch and my sample below:





I decided to create my own patterned paper using the circle border stamp from the newly released beautiful borders set. This is the same set I used to create the CAS cards on my last post. See how versatile they are- a must have LOL! So I picked these colors because I was playing along with last week's color challenge on SCS. I stamped the borders in tangerine tango ink. I then colored the centers with my Y19 copic and then added the blue dots with my B06 marker. My main image is from the new birthday buddies set which is just so adorable. I think that the mouse is my favorite buddy. He came out darker than I wanted. I wanted to try some new markers that I had not used before and after all the shading it was a bit too dark but oh well. The balloons are cut out and popped up with foam dots and a spica glitter pen was used for the sparkle.



Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps beautiful borders and birthday buddies
CS- tangerine, white, pacific point, summer sun
accessories- rhinestones, taffeta ribbon, spica glitter pen, primas, corner rounder punch, copics (Y17, Y19, YR00, YR02, YR07, YR09, B05, B06, E70, E74, E77)


Check out the Sweet Stop blog for some awesome inspiration from the rest of the SNSS Sr. DT. They have some great projects to show you!

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

5 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

So cute, great coloring! Happy 4th of July!

eiyiyi said...

Love this mouse, love your card. Great job, your coloring technique is perfect.

Sandy said...

You always have such happy and sweet cards. I love how cutesy this mouse is and you did great making the paper. Wonderful card!!!

Ceal said...

Cute card! I would have never thought about making my own DP out of the borders set. thanks for the inspiration

Natalie said...

Cuteness!! Happy 4th of July!