All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

September Sweet Stop with a Spin

It's Saturday and that means Sweet Stop sketch time. This week we also have our monthly "sketch with a spin" challenge PLUS a terrific prize for one lucky participant! If that weren't enough, we've got a couple sneak peeks using our upcoming October release stamp sets. Talk about a ton of fun!!

This month the "spin" is a color challenge. Please use any combination of red, black, and tan on your creation in addition to following the sketch. If you participate in the challenge and link your project on the sweet stop blog by Friday, September 25, you will be entered into a drawing to win both of our September new release stamp sets -- "Waddle I Do?" and "You Light Up My Life"!! I have used the You light up my life set for my card today.



I first created my patterned paper by using snowflake stamps from the Snow Friends set and the Snowflakes set from Sweet N Sassy stamps. I stamped them in white, red, and black then sponged the edges with white and stitched it onto my black sparkle paper. I stamped the snowman onto my kraft paper and colored him with a white prismapencil and copics. I always wanted to try the white on kraft- pretty neat! I paper pieced the scarf and used diamond stickles for the lights. The edges of the circle were also sponged with white.



Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps "Light of the World", Snow Friends, and Snowflakes sets
CS- Paper Temptress kraft, sparkle black, basis red, SU dp
accessories- black rhinestones, white gel pen, stickles, prismapencil, copics, circle nestabilities, stitched ribbon


Stop on by the sweet stop blog for all the info on this week's contest and to get some terrific inspiration from the DT.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Very cute!! I love snowmen :-)
Hope things are going well.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, as always!!!
All of the techniques you used are fantastic.