All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

mojo Monday 145

This is a busier than normal week for my daughters and I. They are going to VBS this week and the 2 youngest have it in the morning and my oldest has it at night so I have been doing quite a bit of driving. This has not left me with much crafting or blogging time. I am just now getting to show you the mojo Monday sketch for the week. As always, Julee gave us a great starting canvas. I did struggle with it a bit at first but once I figured out what I was going to use it fell into place. My sample and the sketch are below.





I stamped the butterfly from Sweet N Sassy stamps Everyday Miracles set 3 times onto Neenah white and colored with copics. I cut 2 of them out and layered them on top of one another curling up the ends to give it extra dimension. I added black pearls to the body and stickles on the wings for sparkle. The card measures 5.5 inches square and truthfully was about 1/2 inch too big in my opinion. When I was putting the card together I was not happy with the open areas so I just *had* to add something. Well, I pretty much cleaned out most of my stash of pearls so that I could outline the edges with them. I like how it came out but would go smaller next time. I could not really change it this time because I had already sewn the edges before I noticed I was not happy with the size.





Supplies:
clear stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps Everyday Miracles
paper- Neenah white and black from Paper Temptress, amethyst dp from SU
accessories- white crocheted lace, black grosgrain ribbon, white pearls, circle nesties, stardust stickles, black pearls, foam tape, sewing machine
copics- BV0000, BV00, B63


Please stop on by the mojo Monday blog for info on this week's sketch and you certainly would not want to miss what the other mojo makers have to show you.

I am also submitting this card for the following challenges:
Fussy and Fancy Friday- monochromatic with wings
ABC Challenge- Xtra dimension

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty :)!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

Wow!!! This is just amazing, love that layered butterfly!!

Ceal said...

Wowzers! Absolutely Stunning! I love the colors and that butterfly is Beautiful!!!