All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Peace collage

My daughters and I spent this past weekend with my dear friend Korin Sutherland and her family. It was great spending time together and enjoying some stamping. She makes some wonderful collage cards and I was determined to learn how to do collage stamping lol. So with her help and after several failed attempts this is the card that I came up with.

  Peace-SC411

On kraft cardstock I first stamped the Light of Christmas bg stamp with Antique Linen ink.  Next I stamped the Snowflake flourish with brown memento ink over the top of that.  Finally I stamped the Vintage ornament with CTMH twilight ink.  All of the edges were distressed with scissors and I sponged the edges with brown ink.  Pearls and white twine were used as my embellies.  The layout is the sketch challenge on SCS this week which was designed by the fabulous Korin.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz- feeling blue
Sweet Stampin- anything goes
Paper Play- snowflakes

Supplies:
stamps- Snowflake flourish, Light of Christmas bg, Vintage Ornaments, all from SNSS
paper- kraft, ctmh twilight, My Minds Eye dp
ink- Antique Linen distress ink, Memento brown, ctmh twilight
embellishments/tools- white twine, pearls, sponge, scissors, lace

Have a blessed day!!






3 comments:

Danderella said...

This is just gorgeous! Love all the layers.

Tracey T said...

This is stunning. I love the colours and the papers are beautiful. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Natali said...

Gorgeous card. Love vintage style on it with beautiful details and layers.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything Goes” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali