All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Evening Silhouette

Hi everyone!  Well, Spring has officially arrived.  Maybe someone ought to tell that to the weather here in Buffalo lol.  I long for the nights I can sit outside and have a cold drink and just relax... So, I have a CAS card to share with you that reminds me of the time soon to come.


DSC00422 copy

This card uses the newly released Nature Silhouettes 2 set from Sweet N Sassy stamps. It is very simple to create. I first punched out a small circle from a post it note to create a mask for the moon. I sponged 3 different shades of blue (baja breeze, marina mist, not quite navy all from SU) going from the lightest first to the darkest at the top. The image was stamped 4 different times with versafine black to create some depth and then black ink was sponged on the bottom edge. I added a couple birds from the Serene Silhouettes set which is now back in stock. I triple matted the focal panel to brighten it up a bit and because I was not using any embellishments. Finally, I sprayed some glimmer mist on it for a bit of shimmer.

I just love creating sunsets, sunrises, and evening scenes with silhouette sets, they are fun to create...and easy too. I hope that you will give it a try and let me know if you do because I would love to check them out!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Danni said...

Very pretty! So striking!